Scared of the dentist? At Select Dental we understand that dental appointments can be nerve racking no matter who you are.
Whether you are visiting us for a routine check, Root canal treatment or having your teeth whitened we pride ourselves in ensuring even the most nervous are comfortable and receiving the very best treatment we can offer.
We have numerous clients who have chosen Select Dental because we did just that. Some who had not visited the dentist in years at the fear of pain or discomfort.
Here are some steps that you can take to which may help you with your nerves before visiting the dentist:
- When booking mention to our team that you are nervous about the appointment or mention it when you arrive
- Focus on breathing both before and during the appointment.
- Take long and slow breathes in through the nose and out through the mouth
Be open and honest when you meet the dentist tell them you are a little nervous and they will do all they can to reassure you.
- Don’t be afraid to say stop during the appointment – take some time to breathe and chat to the dental nurse and dentist if this calms your nerves.
- Don’t arrive in a rush. Allow yourself some time before and after the appointment. Rushing adds more pressure.
- Listen to music that calms you before the appointment ask the dentist if you can listen to music during the appointment – Just ensure it is not too loud that you cant hear the dental nurse and dentist talking to you.
- Bring a friend or a family member with you.